Sponsors, funding partners and volunteers are the back bone of the Arctic Winter Games. Without any one of these three pillars, the Games would not be possible.
As the Games planning progresses, we will be looking to Sponsors to provide financial and value in kind support. A few questions that often come up are:
- What kinds of goods or services are you looking for?
- When will you be looking to acquire all this stuff?
- Does sponsorship come with a preferred supplier status for cash purchases?
- How can I Sponsor the Games?
1. What kinds of goods or services are you looking for?
Hosting a major multisport Games takes a little bit of everything you can imagine and a lot of a few key things. Some examples of the major stuff we need include:
For the smaller items, some of the things we will be looking for include:
- Food, beverages, refrigeration, and bio ware to feed almost 2000 athletes for one week
- Busing and vehicles will be required to move people around
- Shipping and cartage
- Signs and banners are a big part of every event and the AWG is no different, so we will be looking for suppliers to meet our needs
- Cultural performers and talent for the Gala Productions and Ceremonies.
- Merchandise (i.e. clothing, backpacks, sleeping bags)
- Photocopiers, computers, cell phones, and other technology related items
- Hotel Rooms and meeting spaces
- Sport equipment and supplies
- Medical Supplies
- Scaffolding and staging
- Temporary Trailers and Fencing
- Sound Systems and Production Equipment
- Newspaper, magazine and radio advertisements
- Office supplies
- Building supplies
- Gifts and giveaways
- Safety vests, flashlights and other safety equipment
- Forklifts and scissor lifts
- Electrician and other trade specialties
- Catering services
- Video production and photography services
- And the list goes on...
2. When will you be looking to acquire all this stuff?
We are starting now! In general, where sponsors cannot provide the goods or services at no cost to the Games, the major items listed above will all be tendered as part of a public process. In some cases, suppliers will be able to provide a complete package and in other cases we will need to partner with a few suppliers in order to fit all of our requirements within a limited budget. Tenders for major items will be advertised between September 2010 and May 2011 both in the newspaper and on our website.
Where sponsors can provide the goods or services free of charge, to the Games, we will work with those sponsors first. Those conversations are underway now as well so if you have something to offer, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The smaller items will be acquired starting now and this process will go until the Games start. As with the larger requirements, if you are interested in supplying goods or services that we need to deliver the Games, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
3. Does sponsorship come with a preferred supplier status for cash purchases?
The short answer is YES! We have a limited budget and a short time frame to accomplish our goals. Sponsors are a major partner in the Games and we place a very high value on their contributions.
4. How can I Sponsor the Games?
Give us a call at 867-393-2012. We would love to hear from you! Keep an eye on the web page. We will keep it updated to show what our current priorities are and the phases of our sponsorship program.